The Wholesale Price Index(WPI) is the price of a representative basket of wholesale goods.
- The Wholesale Price Index focuses on the price of goods traded between corporations, rather than the goods bought by consumers, which is measured by the Consumer Price Index.
- The purpose of the WPI is to monitor price movements that reflect supply and demand in industry, manufacturing and construction.
- This helps in analyzing both macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions.
- Published by the Office of Economic Adviser, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The base year of All-India WPI has been revised from 2004-05 to 2011-12 in 2017.
114 total views, 1 views today